Author Topic: Fire near EOT  (Read 1769 times)

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Fire near EOT
« on: June 16, 2016, 04:40:26 PM »
I don't know if anyone around here is going to EOT, but there is a large (12,000 acres) wildfire burning just a few miles SW of Founders Ranch and heading generally in that direction.  Residents in the area are being evacuated.  If you know someone going out there, let them know that they should follow the news on the Dog Head Fire.

AM

Keystone

• View Profile
Re: Fire near EOT
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 09:41:34 AM »
Howdy,

Based on latest report from the Ranch, the fire was 10 miles away and heading east and not towards the Ranch. Some motels have cancelled reservations to make room for those being evacuated. Not sure I understand the thought process on that as locals have a better idea where to find rooms than out of town visitors. EOT is going on as scheduled at this point.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:42:51 AM »
I have been keeping up on the fire because I have family who live about 6 miles west of Founders Ranch between Tijeras and Edgewood. 

The fire has burned 16,700 acres and is 0% contained.  Currently the fire is being held at Hwy 337 just west of Chilili.  The spread of the fire today has been mostly to the east but that can change quickly depending on the winds.  To the north of the fire there is a mandatory evacuation area that extends to approximately 5 miles away from Founders Ranch. 

Anyone heading out there should be aware of the situation. Let's all hope the winds do not pick up and they can get control of it soon.

AM
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:30:19 AM by Anita Margarita »

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 02:42:27 PM »
Looks like they are catching a bit of a break today with calmer winds.  The fire is 9% contained.  Winds are expected to change direction and come from the south tomorrow, so that's not great.  Evacuation zones are unchanged.

AM

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 12:42:49 AM »
Excellent news:  The fire is 46% contained and they are letting people go back to their homes in the evacuated areas.

AM

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 11:52:22 AM »
Great !

Glad to the fire is being contained and some folks may return home.

Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel