Author Topic: Today's Shoot  (Read 2205 times)

TN Mongo

• View Profile
Today's Shoot
« on: December 10, 2016, 07:42:39 PM »
Jackalope made me laugh on every stage with his humorous stories.  I was a bit "brisk", but it warmed up nicely.  Good shooting and great fellowship. We had a great time.

Fast Harley

• View Profile
Re: Today's Shoot
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:57:13 PM »
Sure glad I came out, today. I think us few had a great time.
The stories were very good.
Now that I am home, I have a wood fire and some refreshment.
Harley.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 09:02:00 PM »
Would have loved to have been able to make it but had other obligations, congratulations to you hardy souls who made it work.

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 10:14:45 PM »
You were missed. I had a family obligation but was able, barely, to make it work.
Harley.

Sam Buca

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:10:06 AM »
Sorry I couldn't make it.

CONGRATULATIONS TO JACKALOPE ON YOUR WIN AND THE OTHER BRAVE SOULS WHO ENDURED THE FRIGID TEMPERATURE.  CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW OFFICERS!!

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL !

See you next month....Sam Buca

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 08:57:32 AM »
One thing for sure, we didn't have to worry about becoming over heated.  ;D
Congrats to Jackalope first place and Mad Dog. Only clean shooter.
Thanks to all who put this together. Had a great time and looking forward to many more.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp

Keystone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 10:03:56 AM »
Yes Indeed, congratulations Jackalope and Mad Dog.

Cactus observed a temp of 13 degrees upon arrival on the range at 7am. Not the coldest day for a shoot but cold enuff fer sure. By 8am the temp had risen to a blustery 16'. Temps continued to rise once the sun was up over the ridge and got up to a comfortable 38'. We shot one large posse and broke down stages as we finished shooting each one. The best I recollect, we were heading off the range shortly after 2pm. Thank goodness the wind laid low for the match. A small group made their way to Casa DeGallodo for beverages, food and fellowship.

Hasta Luego, Keystone
Never get in a gunfight with seven men when you only have a six-shooter. W.J. Vogel

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 10:18:48 AM »
It was nice to stand around and talk for a little while and then ... sit in the truck and read.  Yep, I wimped out.  Glad Jackalope and Loose Cinch did not enforce their "If you don't shoot, you don't eat!" rule so that I could have lunch with everyone.   ;D

When I saw these stages and saw the set up on Wednesday, I thought, "Man, this is going to be a fast match."  It just goes to show you how the cold affects shooting.  I'd love to see this same match in June to compare.  I bet there would be a number of people under 100 secs.

AM

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »
You know Harley, it is a tough position to be in.
I knew what I should do and I knew what I wanted to do amd what I wanted to do had a few distractions such as the temp. What I needed to do had nothing  to distract it but to get it done. Anyway, spent the day cooking, and helping Lady T clean to get ready for her family Christmas today.
Thought about how much fun I was missing but suffered through it.