Author Topic: Lightning McCoy  (Read 1426 times)

Lightning McCoy

• View Profile
Lightning McCoy
« on: February 16, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »
Howdy Cowboy friends, Lightning McCoy here.

I wanted to drop a line or two to fill in the blanks on some issues I have been addressing over the last 7 months.
I also wanted to thank all of my friends for the kind words and especially the prayers as I sure did need and appreciate them.

In Aug 2016 I started infusion treatments for small cell Lymphoma not to be confused with CHEMO. This treatment did not make me sick or loose what little hair I had. It was targeted to address the white cell issues and it appears to be working. I have completed the 6 month treatment and am now on what my Doctor calls a maintenance program which is more of the same but spread out over time. I will also get scans to see if the "C" shows up anywhere else. Also discovered in my small bowel was a small slow growing cancerous growth which we decided to removed. On Jan 25th they did just that very successfully and I am now on the mend healing up after cutting into my stomach. I have lost over 30 pounds and am told it will take 4 to 8 weeks to get back to 100% and as much as a year to completely get my energy back.

I didn't say anything earlier as I really didn't know where I stood with all of this but felt it was now OK to share with my Pards what I know at this point. I thanks you again for your thoughts and prayers and I ask that you keep them coming.

I feel some fatigue and have low energy and am slowly getting my stamina and appetite back. I hope to be shooting again by April though not very fast but who cares. It's just the time spent with good friends that really counts.

Well that's about it for now and I hope to see you Guys & Gals on down the trail real soon. 

Lightning McCoy   

Anita Margarita

• View Profile
Re: Lightning McCoy
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 03:41:18 PM »
Hi, Lightning.  We are sure glad to hear from you and that you are on the mend.  We have missed you lately.

See you soon.

AM and Jackalope

Fast Harley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 08:50:28 PM »
I have known about this for some time but I thought it was up to you to talk about it, or not.
I am very glad to hear things are getting better. Hang in, sending more good thoughts your way.
You, of course, are one of my CAS heroes, and I have known you since the first shots I fired as
a SASS shooter.
Proud to call you friend!
Harley.

Tombstone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:51 AM »
Glad to hear from you and that you are on the mend. You are missed and we will all be glad when you get back with us. Hope you can make the April match just to socialize and eat a little bit.

Uncle Ethan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:53:26 AM »
Lighting Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Hope to see you at a match this summer.
Jedi Gunfighter #287
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Wyatt Earp